You are an RN at Rasmussen Hospital and were recently chosen to be the chairperson of the newly formed Holistic Nursing Committee. Hospital leadership has asked your committee to address inpatient complaints about the amount of general noise pollution throughout the hospital.
The committee members feel this is a perfect opportunity to demonstrate how the holistic caring process can be applied to addressing the problem of noise pollution in the hospital. They have asked you to write an executive summary for hospital leadership.
You have a basic familiarity with holistic interventions that enhance the inpatient experience and promote healing, but know you will need to investigate evidence-based research about noise reduction and optimization.
Write an executive summary that demonstrates the use of the holistic caring process to address general noise pollution in the hospital. The summary should include:
- An abstract summarizing the holistic intervention you recommend be implemented in the hospital to combat general noise pollution. It should address the following:
- Briefly describe the intervention. Be sure to support your recommendation using at least 3 evidence-based research articles.
- Provide a statement of how this intervention could be incorporated into a patient’s therapeutic care plan.
- Describe how this intervention would reduce general noise pollution in the hospital.
- Describe how you would evaluate this intervention over time.
- Assessment of the problem, challenges, and outcomes associated with hospital noise pollution. Include the following:
- A description of general noise pollution in the hospital setting.
- At least 2 sources of noise pollution in the hospital setting.
- At least 2 health effects of noise pollution on patients.
- At least 2 health effects of noise pollution on staff.
- Discussion of the evidence-based, holistic caring interventions for addressing noise pollution in the hospital setting. Include the following:
- At least 1 recommendation for acceptable sound levels in the hospital.
- At least 1 evidence-based, holistic, mind-body intervention that promotes health and well-being in the hospitalized patient.
- At least 1 evidence-based, holistic, environmental intervention for addressing noise pollution.