Overall intention: Develop a greater understanding of habitable zone characteristics associated with different planetary systems. Further, this will help improve an understanding of the potential existance of life elsewhere (one of the last topics of this course). After completing this exercise, you should be able to describe the necessary ingredients for life to flourish on another Earth-like planet elsewhere in the universe.
Getting Started with Linking Lab 4: Habitable Zones
- Open the Student Guide file (DOCX) and print a working copy: Habitable Zones Student Guide DOCX
- Follow the steps outlined in the Student Guide (the document downloaded in step 1 above).
- Record your answers on the working copy.
- If needed, scan your work to a DOC or DOCX file
- Submit (attach) to the lab 4 submission area in session 16
Resources that are mentioned in the student guide are below. Most are interactive diagrams with useful information.