Scenario: In analyzing the network performance at the Bedford Campus, one issue that has come to light is the insufficient network and server infrastructure that is in place to support delivery of the school’s Learning Management System (LMS) and Exchange email service over the public internet to a growing student body. One possible solution to this issue is migration of the LMS and Exchange email to a cloud computing provider.
Your task is to prepare a 2- to 3-page table (using Microsoft® Word or Microsoft® Excel® to help the leadership decide on a cloud-based solution.
Research the following types of services:
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) – for example: Amazon, Rackspace
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) – for example: Microsoft® Azure®
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) – for example: Office 365®, Blackboard Learn™
Your table should compare the offering for the following criteria:
- Availability of service to students
- Administrative burden on the school’s IT department
Note: See the file NTC362 Table Template Week Three file for how to set up your table.
Also, write a 350-word executive brief or summary using Microsoft® Word that answers the following questions:
- Based on your table, what service would you recommend and why?
- How would you implement a cloud solution into the existing campus network structure?
- What elements of the existing network could be eliminated if cloud-based hosting is used?
- Would this cloud structure work regardless of how many students enroll?
Cite and list at least two different sources for this assignment.
Format your document consistent with APA guidelines.