WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT #2
Type written, 5 pages including bibliography/reference page, double spaced and prepared in American Psychological Association (APA) format in appropriate grammar. Must be submitted on time (first week in December). No late assignment will be accepted.
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
1. CHILDHOOD OBESITY
4. ALCOHOL AND THE COLLEGE STUDENT
5. Food safety and genetically modified food
The Paper MUST address the follow 5 items. Also see Rubrics for assignments in Content area.
1. Present a description, brief summary and scope of the problem, while examining whether or not television viewing and video games directly impacts on this growing trend. Are there any populations that are at increased risk?
2. Explore the significant rise, possible impact and implications of this problem and the resulting health problems that result from poor nutrition and lack of exercise, which can be life threatening.
3. Discuss and explain why this problem is becoming a significant public health issue. Include any policies/ attempts to combat the problem and the potential stake holders, along with the effectiveness, feasibility and alternatives to these attempts. Are there medical and psychological consequences that persist into adulthood? Ie- in the case of childhood obesity what is our first lady, Michelle Obama (OR any public figure/celebrity) doing in regards to this topic? Comment on current news/stories on the problem.
4. Discuss the health risks surrounding the problem, which could include but is not limited to diabetes, high blood pressure and other cardiovascular disease and cancer. How do we measure success?
5. Supply data and statistics relevant to this particular topic. What other needs are unmet.
Top of Form