You have been asked to help new students out with the many new and exciting issues surrounding online education at AIU. For example, the Virtual Campus has many exciting and important features to enhance a new students learning experience. This includes instant messaging, Live Chat, Discussion Boards, e-mail, and announcements.
You will create a PowerPoint presentation that provides new students the vital walk-through that represents these activities. Not only should you describe them; you should also explain when and why you might use each one of these items in the virtual classroom environment. Indicate to the new schoolmates the advantages of each of these and a recommendation for how often you might check or use each of these features.
The following are the sections for this project:
- Instant messaging and e-mails
- Live Chat
- Discussion Boards
Your PowerPoint presentation should contain the minimum slides listed below:
- Slide 1 is the cover slide with just your name and class, including section number.
- Slides 2 – 3 covers Announcements
- Slides 4 – 5 covers Instant Messaging and e-mails
- Slides 6 – 7 covers Live Chat
- Slides 8 – 9 covers Discussions Boards
- Slide 10 is the reference slide where you will post your references. Your references can be from the AIU website or from outside resources. You need at least ONE reference and possibly more. Refer to the AIU APA guide to review the proper way to reference a web site for a presentation.
Use each of the following features at least once in your presentation:
- Clip art
- A media clip (animated graphic, movie, or sound clip)
- A Transition to this slide effect from the Transition tab
Save this file as your “First initial Last name PowerPoint IP3”. Example: J Doe PowerPoint IP3.