PEACE Domestic Violence Agency
PEACE’s mission is to reduce victim trauma, empower survivors, and promote recovery through direct services. PEACE is committed to reducing the incidence of sexual assault and domestic violence through education and strives to challenge societal norms and beliefs that condone and perpetuate violence in the community.
Brief Community Description
The city of Portland is similar to many other communities throughout the country. As a large metropolitan city, the region has experienced increasing reports of domestic and youth violence, spousal and child abuse, assault, and incidents of road rage over the last 5 years.
The National Foundation’s funding program, Supporting Families, strives to fulfill the following objectives:
- Promote the well-being of young men, women, and children whose lives have been affected by domestic violence, and to reduce the prevalence of domestic violence through increased service provision, education, and awareness.
- Improve the quality of life of families with a member or members in prison, through the provision of services responsive to their needs.
- Provide young people who are or have been involved with the criminal justice system with a rehabilitation program designed to obtain the skills, confidence, and personal support networks to enable them to lead fulfilled and successful lives.
The foundation has two grant programs under which it provides funding to nonprofits:
- The Small Grants Program offers one-time grants of up to $5,000 to registered charities with an annual budget under $500,000.
- The Investor Program is an innovative funding program designed to support six organizations under each of the objectives of the Supporting Families program, with up to $150,000 a year for up to 3 years.
This assignment should be completed in your own words. Brainstorm ideas for alternative funding for the new program you develope for your Appendix B. Search the internet or contact local human services organizations for ideas on obtaining nontraditional funding. Be sure to cite and reference your sources! Provide a list of at leat 5 alternative funding ideas that go beyond public or private grants. Explain why these ideas might work for your organization. Number your ideas so your paper clearly shows that you have submitted at least 5 alternative funding ideas. This assignment is worth 30 points a i want all 30!
My Alternative Funding Program is listed at the begining. Peace Domestic Violence Agency!